Cantina di Carpi
Feb 9, 2021 |
Emilia Romagna |
over a century of dedication
Founded in 1903 by Alfredo Molinari, the Cantina Sociale di Carpi represents a pioneering example of social cooperation, based on solidarity among the associated winegrowers. In 1918, the Cantina became a cooperative, laying down the bases for the ‘Società Cooperativa’ which today brings together 1,200 producer-members.
In the early 1900s the threat of a crisis frightened all wine growers. To cope with this situation, Doctor Alfredo Molinari proposed the establishment in Carpi of a Civil Society, which thanks to the cooperation of some growers would have allowed complete solidarity among the members, unlimited responsibility towards third parties and total guarantee of extreme reliability. The wine cooperative of Carpi was born at the dawn of modern agriculture.
In 1918 after the end of the First World War the Civil Society became officially a cooperative.